I am thrilled to announce that Canadian Guild of Knitters has partnered with The Campaign for Wool to do a Knit Along for Canadian Wool Month 2021.
October has been Wool Month in Canada since 2019, and this year, we’ve selected a free pattern designed by Kye to be our project.
The criteria for the Knit Along are:
– the duration is from midnight, October 1, 2021 through to 11:59 p.m. on October 31, 2021
– all Canadian knitters, at home or abroad can participate
– the yarn must be pure wool
– ideally, the yarn should be sourced from within Canada
– prizes, including fine woollen items from The Campaign’s trading partner Sykes & Ainley and other Campaign partners will be awarded by random draw of the registered participants at the close of the Knit Along.
To register, e-mail [email protected] with the subject line CFW Knit Along 2021.
Additional details will be posted by mid-September. Line up your needles and get ready to knit!
The Campaign for Wool is a global endeavour initiated by its patron, His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, in order to raise awareness amongst consumers about the unique, natural, renewable and biodegradable benefits offered by the fibre. The Campaign was launched in Canada by The Prince and The Duchess of Cornwall in Pictou, Nova Scotia during their 2014 May Royal Tour. Running in 13 different countries, The Campaign has a dual mission in Canada of educating consumers on the wonders of wool while actively developing opportunities to add value to the Canadian clip. Recently, The Campaign unveiled a new five-year strategy for the Canadian wool industry with a mission to revalue and rebrand Canadian wool at its heart.
Canadian Guild of Knitters has been serving Canadian knitters since 2002 and is dedicated to connecting knitters to knitting resources, activities, and fellow knitters. The Guild is pleased to be partnering with The Campaign for Wool on this Knit Along.